My Top 5 : Discount Online Clothing Stores

My Top 5 :   Discount Online Clothing Stores

I'm thrifty, there is no doubt about it.  When I was younger, I would often say that I was "cheap". I was proud of it, my mom raised us to aware of pricing and I thought it was a good talent to have.  One of my Managers ( a insanely handsome district manager with an equally lovely and chic wife) said "never call yourself'  cheap,' use frugal or thrifty.  Cheap implies you cut quality simply to save on the price. "  He was right. When I came in under budget, it wasn't that I used (in this case) all low quality fish or cheaply made specials.Who wants to buy that?  It was because I used cost effective fish in multiple dishes creatively and when I ran a special?  Well I used every bit of each item, using up odds and ends combined for a yummy treat that was always first and foremost profitable.  It sounds silly when I say it about fish, (unless you are a Restaurant person like myself)  but when I say it about my wardrobe?  Well that's a little easier to understand.  I like to have some high cost items, paired with discount items to constantly keep my wardrobe feeling fresh.  I am both cursed and lucky to stay within the same three sizes, always loosing and gaining the same stubborn pounds.  So I splurge on Jeans, outerwear and shoes, then fill my wardrobe up each season with a few discounted finds.  It also makes me feel better if I pay  $4.99 for a dress and get a stain on it, I wont lie, i'm clumsy and quite hard on clothing.  I don't have access where I live to allot of boutique stores and honestly, I dread the mall so shopping online has been my go-to.  So, at the first istallment of my TOP 5 ( look for one- once a month!)  here are my Top 5 Discount Online Clothing Stores.




Ok, Ok I know what you are thinking and I don't know the answer.  Have they been punished enough?  I don't know.  You may have heard about their racially insensitive Kids Clothing incident, if not, it wasn't pretty.  I do not spend a ton of money here, but I've had really good luck with their Sale sections.  I wont lie, I log in and go right to women sale, then filter by size and sort by price. ( Low to High not High to low. Although one day I hope to be the type that looks High to Low.) I usually spend $40 or so which gets my free shipping, and its quick!  They have real humans working their customer service and I've never had an issue with returns.  I once even braved the mall ( about 1 hour away) to return something and they didn't bat an eye.  There were no issues, here's your money back, done!  


If you are a member, you already know that Amazon has all the gadgets, gifts and electronic books you could ever need.  They also have allot of cute clothing!  The best thing about Amazon being so big is they actually host a bunch of small unique stores that do custom work!  I found cute shirts and comfy vacation dresses from places I had never heard of. Also you cant beat the Prime two day shipping, when available, and their no fuss customer service.  I always read the reviews first though, to make sure I order the right size, then I go back and add one of my own to be helpful!  A little tip is once you find a dress that you like, search JUST for that dress and see if that brand is being sold by someone else at a cheaper price.  Something they just list things differently, or you can actually find the boutique owners to ask questions. Its also nice that you can search terms like " retro," or  "loose fitting" and you'll get results.



  • 3. Cupshe Cupshe                
Want to pretend your a glam-Mermaid even though your really chasing the kids around a public pool?  I have been known to rock these swimsuits with just my feet dangling in the kiddie pool in a lawn chair.  But you know what?   The price, the Quality and the CUTENESS make me feel fabulous.  I might as well be in Mexico with a Sangria right now.  Someone bring me another drink!   Ok, for real though this site has every type of suit you didn't know you needed,  and a killer sale section, ALL OF THE TIME.  I'm a big fan of sorting, there is nothing worse than clicking on an item you just have to have to find it out its only in poop green and a size zero.  So I use their handy sorting side bar to make sure i'm always only looking for suits in my budget ( under $25 is my jam- but they have higher priced fancy suits too) and my size. I always go up a size because I like to be able to breathe and drink in my suit, but they run true to size for the most part.  Give yourself a measure if you are busty, or order separates based on your measurements. They are really WIN WIN. They are international so Shipping is usually quite fast, I've never waited more than about 8-12 days. Free Expedia ted Shipping is an added bonus, usually over $40 or so in the US. If you are sailing away next week you can even pay additional for 3-5 days. Not bad if you get what I call the 20lb flu and need a cute new suit on the fly.  The 20lb flu is also known as the Taco Bell Diet or Gas Station Sushi and usually requires a few Electrolyte Drinks before you can even consider a Sangria.


Romwe hits the nail on the head, every time!  Mens, Womens, Swim,  and Intimates! First things first, measure yourself!  You will thank me later.  I usually order a Large, where in the us i'm usually a Medium. (8-12) I haven't had any major issues ordering this way, but I did get a few pairs of leggings that were basically capri length because I didn't read the measurements right.  They were still cute! They are NOT made for working out extensively in. They are more casual pants, lounge or sleep in.  I wont lie, I busted right out of a pair while on a walk in my neighborhood.  The leg tore open and exposed about 2 feet of thigh.  The worst part?  I had to still walk home like that!  I stitched up a little and now just wear them to bed. I will not complain about $4.99 leggings!  Of course my favorite feature is the shop by price and I fill my cart to the brim with 5.99 & under merch.  The quality is decent, and I've had the best luck with their shirts and dresses. They are always cute, cheap and I recommend reading the tag cause most are hand wash or cold wash only.  I only cold wash my stuff, but that's another super Thrifty tale i'll save for later. Shipping is good, at 6-8 days usually costing less than $5 or free if you spend over $50. They are always running a promo though so keep an eye out for Free Shipping any amount! 


Dear Shein, I think I love you.  OK, so i'll be honest and upfront, its a Discount Clothing Company, so you guessed it, its coming from China.  I'm sorry, but that's the truth. They carry Women's, Men's, Swim,  Kids, accessories and even Plus size! One scroll and you'll be hooked. Their options are little more fashionable and fresh than you will expect! I like to style my new pieces with something I already have so one of my favorite features if their Style Gallery! Basically they have pics of the clothing on real people in real situations so you can see how they styled it, beyond the model. Its with their review and usually people include their height and weight for reference.  You can also shop "by Trend," which helps when your friend tells you buy a boho dress for my bridal shower, or make sure you wear something vintage-ish to my brunch.  This is real, this has happened to me!  I once got a e-vite to a birthday party that literally had the length of dress required and the color sweater she wanted us to wear.   Not kidding.  Luckily Shein has something for everyone! Dresses are more like $12-$20 instead of $4.99 but you cant beat the style!  I always get compliments and its hard to explain exactly how much I love this site!  I tell people about it all the time, and now I've told you! Shipping is good with Free Shipping offers and a good turn around time.  No more than 8 days unless the weather is bad or a item is out of stock.  Once they just sent everything then one item later, for free, because the mistake was on their end.  Top Notch all the way around really! 



Well, that's my Top 5 !  Happy Shopping!








<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<script>
  (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
    google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1100050757224103",
    enable_page_level_ads: true
  });
</script>






Wikipedia

Search results

Popular Posts